Have you seen the people are practicing under the waterfall? That is Shugyo in Japanese which means practice of mental and physical part. In the western edge of Tokyo, there is a sacred place called Mt.Mitake where is one of the strongest power spot in Tokyo! In this experience, you may find newborn yourself!?
How about doing cool activity in the middle of summer?
*It’s not guided tour, but big group activity.
• RELAX in the nature avoiding from the city! It’s totally refreshing!
• PRACTICE in Japanese traditional style! Put you in the waterfront!
• GET something new in your mind by practicing Japanese traditional way.
- 11:00-17:00 (6 hours)
*On 20th (Sat.) August
• Meetup at Mitake station (It takes about 90 minutes and 900 yen from Shinjuku station)
• Take bus and cable car to go up Mt Mitake(970 yen)
• Eat lunch at restaurant at Mt Mitake (Soba noodles) and prepare for the practice!
• Hike up the mountain and go to the shrine.
• Practice (Ceremony, walk to waterfall, waterfall practice, final ceremony) (1pm-4pm)
• Take cable car and bus to go back to Mitake station(970 yen)
• Finish at Mitake station.
- Mitake station / Mitake station
Please arrive by 10:45 AM to JR Mitake station for a prompt departure at 11:00 AM.
Price(per 1 person)
- 7,000 JPY + Fundoshi(you have to wear while practice) fee
-+0 yen : Rental Fundoshi(of course after cleaning up)
-+1,000 yen : Thin and normal
-+2,500 yen : Special one
- Approximately 5:00 PM.
- Tour leader, practice fee, Lunch(Soba)
Original wear of practice “Fundoshi”.(Please check the price page)
- Transportation fee(about 2,000 JPY), Other personal expenses.
- Min/Max person 10/30. If it doesn’t reach the minimum number, it may be canceled.
- HAVE TO BRING : Towel, pure mind
- This is a big group activity and not guided tour. (Japanese and foreigners are mixed!)
- We will leave at 11:00am sharp, so please make sure to be there on time!
- This is a practice, and not entertainment, so we have to follow shrine’s rules.
- There could be a delay at when tour ends, if you have an appointment or plan right after this tour, please let us know in advance.
- All payment is expected before tour.